Answers will be found on
1. Sally and her younger brother were fighting.
Their mother was tired of the fighting, and
decided to punish them by making them stand on
the same piece of newspaper in such a way that
they couldn't touch each other. How did she
2. A poet visited a prisoner he had not seen for
so many years. On his way out, the
guard asked him what his relation to the prisoner
he just visited. The man, being a poet, responded
in this manner: "Brothers nor sisters I do
not have; but the father of that man
his finger to the prisoner] is the
son of my father.
3. When it is open it is closed and when it is
closed it is open. What is it?
4. I am the only set of twins in a family of 13
quadruplets, what am I?
5. A man went to a party and drank some of the
punch. He then left early. Everyone else at the
party who drank the punch subsequently died of
poisoning. Why did the man not die?
6. What 10 letter word can be typed by using only
the first row of letters on your
7. A man holds up a glass flask containing a
green liquid in it and says "This liquid will
disintegrate anything it touches. Why is this a
8. Two convicts are locked in a cell. There is an
unbarred window high up in the cell. No matter if
they stand on the bed or one on top of the other
they can't reach the window to escape. They then
decide to tunnel out. However, they give up with
the tunneling because it will take too long.
Finally one of the convicts figures out how to
escape from the cell. What is his
9. A man left home one morning. He turned right
and ran straight ahead. Then he turned left.
After awhile, he
turned left again, running faster than ever. Then
he turned left once more and decided to go home.
In the distance he could see two masked men
waiting for him. Who were they?
10. What do all of these words have in common?
Yes, they are all in the dictionary, but what
else do they have in common?
11. Arnold Schwarzenegger has a big one.
Michael J. Fox has a little one.
Madonna doesn't have one.
The Pope has one but doesn't use it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Prince won't admit
that he has one.
Clinton uses his all the time.
What is it?
12. What is the only food that you take off the
outside, cook the inside, eat the outside, throw
away the inside?
13. A man is walking to the store. Along the way,
he counts 8 houses on his left side. He goes and
buys a loaf of bread. On the way home (the same
way he came) on the right side, he also counts 8
houses, How many houses were there?
14. A woman from New York married ten different
men from that city, yet she did not break any
laws. None of these men died, and she never
divorced. How was this possible?
15. Len always has it before. Paul has it behind.
Bryan has never had it at all. Girls can have it
only once. Boys don't need it. Mrs. Mulligan, the
widow, has it twice in succession. Dr. Lowell of
Harvard has it twice as bad at the end as at the
beginning. Do you know what it is?
16. What is the only word in the English language
that if you capitalize the word it changes the
pronunciation and meaning of the
17. A truck driver was delivering a package to a
company that had to arrive in the building in
thirty minutes. He came to a tunnel an inch too
low for his truck to pass. There was no other
possible way to arrive at the building in time
unless he passed the tunnel. How would he get to
18. What does this say?
yy ur yy ub ic ur yy 4me!
19. Take one out and scratch my head.
I am now black but once was red.
What am I?
20. A girl was having a dream where she was being
chased by a lion. She ran around frantically
until she found a tree that she could climb. She
climbed as high as she could, out of reach of the
lion, when she saw a snake above her. She
couldn't go up and she couldn't go down. How did
21. Which letter comes next in this series?
22. How many grooves are there on each side of a
standard 33 1/3 record album that has six songs
on each side?
23. There are three houses in a straight row. One is red, one is blue, and one is white. The red house is left of the middle. The blue house is right of the middle. Where's the white house?
24. A Train enters a tunnel at 7 o'clock, another train enters the exact same tunnel, also at 7 o'clock on the same day. The tunnel only has one track, and no other means for the trains to pass, around, over, or under. However both trains made it to the other end of the tunnel untouched. How could this be?
25. Unscramble the following letters to form a word: E N I T R A E S R A B